CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MONTY

My dad was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma July 23rd 2008. SCARY. Its cancer. Alot of people don't know what that means, I didn't know what that meant. It means CHEMO. It means loosing you hair, weight, and immune system. Chemo kills not only all the bad cancer cells in your body, but it kills all the good healthy ones too. That why they have to do chemo over a period of time. Its a dose of death. That's scary in and of its self. He can't be in crowds and can't be around peopl who have been around a lot of other people. So if I've been at work all day and want to go see him, I'd have to go take a shower before I could go over to his house. Which is no big deal to me, but it just sucks, the whole situation sucks. I have to keep reminding myself that people survive cancer everyday, and they live with it.
My dad started chemo last friday. He was there for 11 hours.....yep 11. We as a family got together the Monday before to celebrate my dad...this is our whole family. IT WAS A BLAST!!!

0 comments: